We have great needs this Winter, if you can help in one or more of these areas, please see Pastor Katie…
- Meals for William and Jeremiah. Jeremiah will have to go back and forth to the doctors for his Lupus and complications. He is under powerful drugs, and must be monitored. We can help William and Jeremiah, so they don’t have to grocery shop, by bringing, cooked foods that can be frozen, to them on Sundays. They can then reheat or microwave during the week.
- Giving Tree! On our kitchen Christmas tree are the names of our Nepalese refugee families. If you can help with providing a gift to one of the names on the tree, it will be appreciated. Please record the name you pick and your name so Thuiya Rumthao can keep track. Bring your “WRAPPED” Christmas gifts to church on Dec. 25, and Thuiya will get these gifts to them. Please note, the gift items with each name are only suggestions. You do not have to get them these things, and you can opt to get only 1 item. It is up to you!
- There are special 25th Anniversary Offering envelopes available in the kitchen. Here’s a chance for you to donate to a favorite ministry or mission of New Life! If you haven’t already, take an envelope and drop it in the offering basket during worship or give it to John Wong! We thank you for your generous support and faithfulness!
- Be the Change, the JeLo group (middle school youth) is collecting change through Jan. 8, 2017 for the children of Manipur, India. Their hope is to collect enough change to support a child for one year of school. Please see one of the youth and give them your change!
- Can you donate a blanket for veterans? PJ mentioned last Sunday that the veterans at the Veterans Hospital only receive one blanket, and if they are cold, the just a towel to put over them. If you can donate a blanket, please bring them to church on Sunday. PJ will work on getting them to the veterans.
- City Team is looking for donations of can foods and staples (rice, beans, pasta). Bring your donations to church, and we’ll get them to City Team. Also for December they are holding their warm coat drive. Bring those to church also. We’ll have a barrel for these in the kitchen.
- We need your help for the homeless in Hayward. This is a note from Jean Morgan, Abode Service. Please let Pastor Katie know if you are interested in helping, we can set up a phone tree, so as the need arises, we can call to see who is available. If you can help coordinate this or participate in the phone tree, let Pastor Katie know. Since we don’t know what days the “shelter” will be open, it’s better to have those who live near Hayward to be able to buy or make hot food to drop off. There will be no cooking facilities at the shelter site. The shelter will house 15 homeless men during very cold and/or wet nights….